Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Some Good News, Some Bad News

I wouldn't say I'm a pessimist, however, I'm definitely a realist, so let's do bad news first.



Poor Barney has a (hopefully) mild case of pancreatitis.  He's been acting really funny, not eating as much as usual, had that look on his face like he really didn't feel well, actually got up in the middle of the night and hid in his crate, which he only does if he thinks he's in trouble, or something hurts really bad.  So I took him to the vet yesterday and she did some bloodwork, I guess his pancreas is irritated. So he gets boiled chicken, rice and cottage cheese for a week or so.  She gave him some anti-naseua meds yesterday and last night he was a whole different dog.  I was worried that it was a reaction to the previcox (for his dysplasia) but it doesn't look like it.  I guess it's usually caused be eating high fat foods. The only thing I can think of is a neighbor gave him a bone that was possibly fatty? Or he got into the trash or something outside that we didn't catch.  But he seems to be feeling better.  So scary.=(






Good news, I finally took some decent pics. I'm pretty happy with about half of them, the others came out slightly blurry. Work in progress, but definitely getting there. 


Today I'm going to get some different colors of fabric paint and should have the first set of napkins finished tonight.  I also finished shoes for 3 dolls last night, hopefully I'll get some good pics this evening and can list tonight or tomorrow.  No more days off until Nov 2.  So only 1 weekend off then we go to Hawaii.  I'm going to have to figure out how to get more done on workdays!=)

No comments: