Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bloom And Barnacle's First Craft Fair



I've been hard at work trying to get ready for my first craft fair! Of course it was a last minute decision, so I'm scurrying as usual.  Good news though, I have this weekend off!  This will be the first Halloween that I haven't worked at the store in 6 years.  In fact, I think it will be the first Halloween I haven't worked since my freshmen year of college.  We have no idea what to do?

I started making these really cool ornaments from thrift store sweaters.  There's something so fun about having to hunt for things in thrift stores and at yard sales.  I remember my great grandpa had about 4 banquet tables in his backyard, covered in junk yard findings, sorted into piles, that he used to invent all kinds of things.  It's in my genetics, I can't help it.=)

Anyway, you know how sometimes you're making/painting/baking something and you totally screw up what you're supposed to do, but then somehow it turns out even better than it would've had you not?  So it goes with the ornaments.  I don't have a pic yet, will post tomorrow.

So I'll have some cool ornaments, some dolls, napkins  and winebags for the fair.  And possibly some clothespin doll ornaments if I can get supplies in time.  I love making ornaments because there's such a wide variety of things you can do, and most of them are fairly quick. 

In the meantime, Circus Lady Napkin pics.

No comments: