Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Doll Progress!

Last weekend I finally managed to get some things done. I've been a little under the weather for almost two weeks now, I finally did what I should have done in the beginning and went to the doctor last week, then went back again on Monday and figured out that I had strep throat, something I haven't had since I was about 9 years old. Finally got the right meds and am feeling pretty good right now. (Apparently Day Quil won't cure strep.=))

I'm super looking forward to Friday, I have a 3 day weekend, and I've dedicated at least 2 entire days to doll making. Yeah! Yesterday I used my birthday gift certificate at Michaels (free shopping at Michaels is pretty much one of my favorite things ever.) Anyway, I read a great article on sewing needles here at Sew Mama Sew, so I picked up one of almost every variety yesterday. I also noticed while browsing through some open studio galleries on-line, that in almost every single studio, somewhere peeking out from stacks of fabric or cans of paint brushes, was an Ott Light. I decided it was probably a good thing to have, considering I really don't have enough light in the studio (at night) in the first place. Plus, the $69 version was on sale for$29 so I really couldn't pass it up. I also figured I should try dyeing some of the lace that I scored at a yard sale on Satuday, plus I'm sure I'll need to dye some fabric at some point in the future, so I'm starting with some Scarlet and Tan Rit dye. Oh, and I found the perfect yarn for my Red Haired witch! Exciting stuff.

No comments: