Friday, June 12, 2009

When it Rains, It Pours

So I took off the Friday before my 30th Bday on Saturday, solely in order to be selfish, spend the day in the studio and work on the dolls.

However.....

Erik's friend from college came down, as well as my brother, to hang out with us for the weekend. My mother and father in law also came down to take us to dinner, which was a fantastic time as always.

But that meant house cleaning, and major reorganizing. I had started on this during the week, unfortunately I needed a little help, and we had swell (surfable waves). As anyone who is in relationship with a surfer knows, when there is swell, especially after there hasn't been in a while, NOTHING else gets done.

So I was a little peeved, but the house cleaning got done on Friday, with the help of my husband.=)

But then, we realized, the water heater had started leaking. At which point we discovered, it was 18 years old. Apparently, this is ridiculously old for a water heater. So off to Lowes, where they wanted to charge $400 to install a $300 water heater, at which point we call my dad, and decide to install it ourselves, with Dad on speaker phone. Thank goodness we did have company, I can't imagine Erik and I trying to do that ourselves.

The next day, the radiator fan in my jeep broke. So now I have no car. Awesome.

This was not meant to be a whining session, just a way to make me feel better about not meeting my deadline. The good thing is, we finally have a weekend with no company and no events planned, so I am all about doll making starting 5:30 this evening. Hopefully I will have more pics to post tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: