Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Progress!




Okay, finally some new pics of the witches. The Magic Circle girl is close to being finished, she just needs the front of her dress seamed, a bottom hem, and her collar and waist shawl put together. Oh, and I'm stoked, I finally have a reason to make ribbon flowers. I was reading one of my current fav books (Cloth Doll Couture, Patti Medaris Culea) last night and got totally inspired by a dress with ribbon flowers at the hem. (Love this book, definitely check it out.)
Lady of Shalott is getting there, I'm trying to figure out exact sleeve placement and what to do with her collar. Plus the dress just seems a little bland to me. I'm thinking the sheer fabric should maybe have a really slight tinge of a pink-peach color. I like to think of it as 50's pink. I'm really into 50's colors right now. Weird. Anyway, I like how her face turned out. Pretty funny, she really does look like she saw her life flash before her eyes.

More pics (I hope some complete dolls) by Thursday. In the meantime, I'm also on the lookout for some cool fabrics for 80's glam metal costumes. I swear people must think I'm a real freakin wierdo. That's alright, I kind of like it that way.=)

No comments: